Monday 16 September 2013

Pay it forward



I struggle every day to do things it is different to my CDC brothers and sisters. I don’t give false hopes to anyone because every CDC child/adult is different in their own way.  I am not a normal 28 year old because it takes me longer to learn things but I try my every best and if I can’t do it the normal way I do it my way.  I struggle every  day with my concentration, sensory issues and my hip dysplasia, everyone who knows me, knows that I love to walk but it takes a lot out of me especially at the moment walking to my Mum’s every single day to feed Beanie (Mum’s cat).  I don’t have a full time job because if I did I would become very sick and stressed out but I volunteer, what I love about volunteering is I am giving back to the community through commitment whether it be working at Trade Aid or the YMCA I have learnt new skills or found the confidence in myself to better myself at something to make a difference in someone else’s life.  Then there is the work that I do for CDC and I love  each new family that comes into the group and tells their story whether there are starting out on their journey with a recently disgonsed baby or joined later a few years later after their child was disgonsed.  At the conference in Texas I want to learn as much information as possible so I can better myself in helping the new members of the CDC community and network with people that I have meet on facebook but not in real life.  I know what it is like to be alone and I know that I am scross the other side of the world a kiwi girl with a big heart and I want to let the new families that you are not alone anymore. 

1 comment:

  1. Sure you dont give false hope, you just speak about you, about what you know about this syndrom.
    Some cdc are more severely affected than others.
    But you are not speaking about all of them but of you and i repeat, this is not giving false hope.
    Keep going

    ReplyDelete