Monday 7 October 2013

Superhero



I am a superhero, I don’t wear a cape or fly or fight crime or drive a bat mobile like all of the superheroes that you read in comic books or watch in movies or watch on tv.  But in real life I am a superhero to a lot of CDC families that I reach out to on facebook.  A lot of these families need some guidance about where to go because the info they get is out of date and a lot of doctors don’t know a whole lot about CDC.  I put on superhero cape which is full of love and understanding and a lot of empathy to their situation and to let them know that I am here for them, to help them understand CDC a lot better and guide them to the answers that they have been searching for so they don’t feel so alone.  I am only one of the very few who know what it is like living with CDC every single day.  Over the last few years that I have been reaching out to families through facebook I felt like I am doing something worthwhile to my life and it has been an amazing journey to find families that believe in me and I have made so many lifelong friends and three amazing best friends because they believed in me and I can’t wait for next year to meet you all in person and so I can give you all a big hug and say thank you.  By the way Batman is my favourite superhero because he drives the bat mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment